Determining the Effective Factors in Women's Tendency to Drugs and Psychotropic Substances
Keywords:Addiction, Psychotropic, Substances, Women
Background: addiction is one of the most critical problems that has reached a global scale, and has gone beyond the borders of health care, and has become a psychological, social, and family problem. Therefore, the present study aimed to investigate the causes of women's tendency to drugs and psychotropic substances in Gorgan.
Methods: The research method is cross-sectional and descriptive. The statistical population included all women who came to addiction treatment clinics in Gorgan in 2019. The sampling method was available, and the sample size was 60 people. A questionnaire on the causes of women's addiction to drugs was used to collect data. Data were analyzed for their univariate nature using descriptive statistics (Frequency, percentage, central indicators, and dispersion).
Results: The results of data analysis showed that among the seven factors studied in the causes of women's tendency to drugs and psychosis, the important factors are psychological, cultural, economic, social, physical, religious, and geographical, respectively. Addiction is a complex and polyhedral disease. And in this study, the psychological factor was one of the most important factors in women's tendency to drugs and psychotropic substances.
Conclusions: Therefore, it seems that understanding the underlying factors causes the process of prevention, identification, treatment, and follow-up to be purposefully planned.
Keywords: Addiction, Psychotropic, Substances, Women.
2. Nazemi-Rezaei SV, Nazemi-Rezaei SA. Prediction of tendency to addiction based on alexithymia and assertiveness in nursing students. Feyz 2020; 24(2): 228-236.
3. Nateghi M, Sohrabi F. The Effectiveness of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy in Suicidal Thoughts and Impulsivity among Adolescents with Addiction. Etiadpajohi 2017; 11 (42): 213-228.
4. HamidianRad M, Zeinali A. The Prevalence of Drug and Alcohol Use among Students of Urmia Universities. etiadpajohi 2019; 12 (50): 175-192.
5. Tuchman E. Women and addiction: the importance of Gender issues in substance abuse research. J Addict Dis 2010; 29(2): 127-38. doi: 10.1080/10550881003684582.
6. Hashemimoghadam L, Torkan H, Yousefi Z. The qualitative study of protective and risk factors in Addiction among men and women in Isfahan city. Etiadpajohi 2020; 14(55): 133-150.
7. Hanpatchaiyakul K, Eriksson H, Kijsomporn J, Ostlund G. Live experience of thai women with alcohol addiction. Asian Nurs Res 2017; 11(4): 304-310. doi.org/10.1016/j.anr.2017.12.001.
8. Afrasiabi H, Farhani N. Qualitative study of a background of drug use among in yazd. JSBCH 2017; 1(1): 27-35.
9. Mirzakhani F, Khodadadi Sangdeh J, Nabipour AR. Marital Factors affecting addication among Iranian women: aqualitative study. Journal of Substance Ues 2020; 25(1): 28-33. doi.org/10.1080/14659891.2019.1659867.
10. Helmy TI, Malk MI, Salem GM. The risk factors that lead to addiction and relapse among addicted patients. Menoufia Nursing Journal 2016; 1(2): 9-23. doi: 10.21608/MENJ.2016.120313.
11. Ranjbaran M, Mohammadshahi F, Mani S, Karimy M. Risk factors for addiction potential among college students. Brief Communication 2018; 9(1): 17. doi: 10.4103/ijpvm.IJPVM_403_16.
12. Soltani L, Zeinali A. The Role of Parenting Styles, Addiction Proneness of Parents and Child's Temperament in Predicting the Addiction Proneness of Adolescent Students. Etiadpajohi 2020; 13 (54): 127-146.
13. Khairi A F, Rahman HA, Muthiah S G. Risk factors of drug abuse among Malay males settlers in jerantut Malaysia. J Subst Abuse Alcohol 2017; 5(4): 1066.
14. Banafsheh H, Mesdaghinia A, Ghoreishi FS, Gilasi H, Kashani Z, Gholami M, et al. The survey of pattern of abusing and causes of addiction tendency among women undergoing methadone maintenance treatment in Kashan city during 2017-2018. Feyz 2018; 22(5): 532-538.
15. Mirzakhani F, Khodadadi Sangdeh J. Psychological Factors Predisposing Women to Addiction: A Qualitative Study. J Mazandaran Univ Med Sci 2017; 26 (145): 332-344.
16. Depalo F, Caprs N, Simomelli A, Salcuni S, Riso DD. Parenting quality in drug-addicted mothers in a therapeutic mother-child community: the contribution of attachment and personality assessment. Front Psychol 2014; 10(5): 1009. doi: 10.1016/s0306-4603(00)00119-2.
17. Gordon A, Cone EJ, Depriest AZ, Axford-Gatley RA, Passik SD. Prescribing opioids for chronic noncancer pain in primary care: risk assessment. Postgrad Med 2014; 126(5): 159-66. doi: 10.3810/pgm.2014.09.2810.
18. Verhoogs S, Dopmeijer J M, De Jonge J M, Vander Heijde CM, Vonk P, Bovens RH, et al. Consumption as an indicator of hazardous alcohol use among university students. Eur Addict Res 2020; 26(1):1-9. doi: 10.1159/000503342. Epub 2019 Sep 27.
19. Ati-Daoud N, Blevins D, Khanna S, Sharma S, Holstege C P, Amin P. Women and Addiction: An update. Med Clin Noth Am. 2019; 103(4): 699-710. doi: 10.1016/j.mcna.2019.03.002.
20. Amiri M, Taheri Z, Hosseini M, Mohsenpour, M, Davidson PM.(2016). Factors Affecting Tendency for Drug Abuse in People Attending Addiction Treatment Centres: A Quantitative Content Analysis. J Addict Res Ther 2016; 27:270. doi:10.4172/2155-6105.1000270.
21. Rimaz S, Dastoorpour M, Merghati khoii E, Mohseni S. Demographic variables associated with relapse in women and men referred to the selected addiction treatment centers in Tehran, 2009: A case- control study. RJMS 2013; 20 (107): 63-72.
22. Asadi SM, Porzoor P. Investigating the causes of tendency to use substances (addiction) in Ardabil. Etiadpajohi 2020; 14 (56): 169-198. doi:10.29252/etiadpajohi.14.56.169
23. Mohammad Khani S. Risk and protective factors of alcohol, tobacco and other illicit drugs used among 13 to 18 years old adolescents. Educational psychology 2008; 4(12): 38-64.
24. Rahimi Movaghar, A. A review on the Prevalence and Patterns of drug abuse in women in Iran. Social Welfare 2004; 3(12): 203-226.
25. Botvin GJ. Preventing drug abuse in school: social and competence enhancement approachs targeting individual-level etiological factors. Addict Behav 2000; 25(6): 887-897. doi: 10.1016/s0306-4603(00)00119-2.
The Copyright Form should be downloaded and signed by corresponding author in the fourth step "upload supplementary files" during submission process.
After acceptance, copyright form should be downloaded and signed by all authors one by one ( "summery --> supp. file" part and click on "add a supplementary file" link).